« Home | My digest and new links » | Official patch released » | Streamripper for Winamp » | Stanford on iTunes » | Bookmark at del.icio.us » | How important is your page on the web? » | How to save your bookmark? » | Increasing your skill in photography » | Digital camera review » | Don't open unknown WMF file from your Windows » 

Monday, January 09, 2006 

XP Reinstallation

My notebook's operating system (Windows XP SP2) just reinstalled after I got some errors experience. This error began after I try to install a FREE trial software yesterday.

Before installing the software, I have scanned it already using the AVG FREE Edition and NO VIRUS FOUND. But then, when the installation process has began, AVG detecting a VIRUS, so I stop the intallation process.

The installation can be stopped, but bad thing happen, I can't run some programs that run well before. And the most important thing, I can't connect to the internet at home and also at my office.

I have tried to do everything I know to solve the problem, unfortunatelly I only waste my time while some programs still can not be run. Well, after trying hardly, I decide to reinstall the operating system. I think this is the best way to solve the problem! So after copying my important files from the notebook into the PC at home, reinstalling process began.

But, when the reinstalling process began, the next problem also began. Windows XP SP2 has a "serious" problem with ACPI BIOS detection, a common problem that happen everywhere (I know it after googling, and Ni Londo (as I know) has this experience also). But (thanks GOD!), the solution is so easy (at least based on my experience, even though some people get anger and frustation with this). Just press F5, choose Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC and hit ENTER. I got this clue from here.

So far so good! Everything is running well, also the drivers. But now I should take a break for a while (sleeping I mean) and hopefully can continue the installation process tomorrow for some additional softwares that I need to do my daily work.

sholat idul adha ga nie mas ;) ayooo sholat dulu nginstalnya dilanjutin nanti he he he... ok de met hari raya idul adha ya tuk mas agus sekeluarga

+++ fam. dettmer

@Tika: baru pulang shalat Ied di KJRI nih mbak. Shalat Ied dimana mbak?

Selamat Hari Raya Idul Adha juga buat mbak Tika dan suami.

Selamat Hari Raya Idul Adha.
Salam buat Mbak Putri dan Hasna.

@ricorea: thanks Ric. salam juga udah disampaikan.

Post a Comment

My Digest

About me

  • I'm agus set
  • From Hamburg, Germany
about me
Google

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares